Updated: Sep 10
What do you do when you're so excited to tell people something, you decide you just can't?! I mean, what if I leave something out? Or get something wrong?
This is my excuse for not sending a newsletter all these months. It's a pretty sorry excuse, huh?
It's just that there were so many things in the works at OSL! I made this long list as I sat in an online regional director's meeting, and then I looked at my notes and realized I didn't have all the info I needed.
And then life, ... and more life... and even more life happened, and before I knew it, I hadn't sent you guys a newsletter in ..... okay, never mind. We're not here to discuss my shortcomings. Let's talk about stuff going on!!!
1. I am so impressed with the folks who are bringing OSL's Online Center for Healing Prayer to fruition. They have been working diligently...dotting I's and crossing T's, making sure every last detail is considered. And when it's all finished, we will be in for such a treat. But most importantly, people all over the world will have access to a place where they can experience the healing love of Christ. There will be a live healing room via zoom with experienced healing ministers, and a place to link to online healing services. There have been lots of volunteers coming forward and a lot of training going on. They hope to go "live" this fall. Please pray for this endeavor... that the Light of Christ will shine through this vehicle of healing. Please pray protection over all those involved.
2. Did you know that OSL has a "Convener Coach"? If you are a convener and would like to ask some questions or seek advice from someone with more (or different) experience.... or if you are thinking of becoming a convener, or tossing around the idea of trying to start an OSL Community.... you can contact Dr. Mike Sabback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Did you know that OSL has a "Chaplain Cohort"? Here's a message from Rev. Kathleen Adams:
The Chaplain Cohort began as a way to train and integrate new online chaplains as they came out of the 26 Healing Miracles of Jesus courses. It quickly expanded to in-person Healing Community’s chaplains as well when some of the Regional Directors learned of it. Sarah Bronos+ asked if I would “coach” the chaplains. In actuality, I am merely the person appointed to call and co-ordinate the gatherings.
The first meeting in June was well attended with John Rice+ presenting “Blessing Prayer”. For our next meeting, 23 September @ 9am Pacific Time, Tara Shepley+ has agreed to be our presenter. We also inducted the new chaplains. We want experienced chaplains to be in fellowship with, to be helpful to and to encourage the newer chaplains.
You may contact Kathleen at email@example.com for more information.
4. Did you know we have an active 20's-30's-40's group that meets via Zoom regularly? You don't have to be a member of OSL to join, so be thinking of people you can invite... For more info, contact Laura Sinclair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Do you know any Spanish speakers who are interested in healing ministry? Please direct them here.
6. Region V will be the host of the next North American Conference! We are looking for venues now in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. We are shooting for early 2023. If you would like to be in on the planning, please let me know! email@example.com
Okay, I'm going to stop listing things now, whether I'm finished or not, because I don't want to overwhelm you. Just take note, and don't forget to come back to this page later when you can take it all in. All you have to do is go to OSLRegionV.org and click on "blog."